Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 11:02AM
- It's voting day! Be sure to find your polling place and support candidates that will help make your community more sustainable. Check out Sierra Club's Voter Guide to find representatives in 12 key states who support clean energy.
- The Washington Post covers a story about a young Chinese farmer who is sowing the seeds for an organic revolution.
- A USDA grant aims to enhance sustainability of beginning farmers and ranchers. The Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP) will fund projects to to train, educate and provide outreach and technical assistance to beginning farmers.
- Amber Turpin at Civil Eats writes about what happens when a small organic farm fails.
- TreeHugger.com features the slideshow Urban Farm Prototypes Reveal the Future of Urban Farming with a mix of practical and unusual ways to grow food indoors.
- Yikes! Environmental Health News reports that pesticides taint one-fifth of kids' food.
- Rodale.com shares a delicious Black Barley and Autumn Vegetables recipe, perfect for a warm fall lunch.