Thursday, August 26, 2010 at 11:52AM
- Grist's Tom Philpott uses this week's egg recall as a case study in why increased specialization and efficiency within the food system is less appealing than it might sound.
- Mobile Farm Trucks or Mobile Farmers’ Markets are cropping up in cities like Los Angeles, New York City, Portland, and San Francisco, according to Planet Green.
- Think you know a lot about Trader Joe's? Fortune magazine takes an in-depth look at some of the grocer's more secretive practices.
- Reuters has a nice little video segment about rooftop farms in NYC.
- The egg industry took out full-page ads in the New York Times and USA Today yesterday. Nutritionist Marion Nestle annotated it at her Food Politics blog.
- Endless Simmer offers 100 ways to use tomatoes (with photos).
- An article in the Chicago Reader looks at the difficulty urban farmers are having connecting with consumers in some African-American communities.